13 May 2007

My 30th Birthday

I spend my 30th Birthday in Imbassai, Brazil and could not have wished for a better place or company. I opened my eyes to a heart-warming birthday song from Julia, followed by breakfast on a flower-decorated table. It turns out that the only other couple at the hostel was also celebrating a birthday. After a beautiful day on the beach, I returned to the hostel as the other birthday couple was greeting arriving friends and was preparing a birthday party. Given Brazilan friendliness, Julia and I were immediately invited. Sharing dinner, drinks and delicious cake (as well as some surprise phone calls from loved ones) I spent very happy hours among new friends. Being so far away form home it was wonderful spending this day with my sister, a person I have known all my life. In that sense it was a great mixture of family and familiarity on one side and Brazilian friendliness and fiesta on the other.








Contact me: 2franks.world@yahoo.com


Frank's World Traffic Counter