28 December 2006

Laguna de Apoyo, Nicaragua

I arrive at the Monkey Hut (http://www.thebeardedmonkey.com/monkeyhut.htm )
on Laguna de Apoyo, which is a charming cottage on the shores of a beautiful lake outside of Granada, Nicaragua and close to the much bigger Lake Nicaragua. When I arrive there must have been over 20 people here but surprisingly they all left a few hours later leaving me behind along (for the next days) with Tobi (the manager – a German who is married to a Nicaraguan and has lived here for 2 ½ years) and the local staff.

I feel privileged and lucky to have such a spectacular place all to myself: swimming and kayaking in the lake, swinging in the hammock, practicing yoga and meditation on the soft lawn, sipping delicious Nicaraguan coffee, talking with the locals and watching an amazing sunset followed by a spectacular full moon rising on the horizon a few hours later. The night is so still, peaceful and beautiful and definitely too short to miss even a moment, that I decide to spend the night outside sleeping directly under the stars. Could life be any better? ¡Gracias a la vida, que me a dado tanto!








Contact me: 2franks.world@yahoo.com


Frank's World Traffic Counter