24 January 2006

Opening comments

The true voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in seeing with new eyes. – Marcel Proust

Die wahre Entdeckungsreise besteht nicht darin, dass man neue Landschaften sucht, sondern dass man mit neuen Augen sieht. – Marcel Proust

El verdadero viaje del descubrimiento no consiste en encontrar los nuevos paisajes sino ver con ojos nuevos. – Marcel Proust

"Le véritable voyage de découverte ne consiste pas à chercher de nouveaux paysages, mais à avoir de nouveaux yeux."
Marcel Proust

In these pages I hope to share with you many tales about the landscapes through which I travel. But more importantly I will try to see these landscapes and write my stories with new eyes, eyes which I hope to borrow from the people I meet along the way. As such, these travels for me are as much an outward journey as one of self-discovery.
These notes are meant as a convenient way of keeping in touch with so many of you. As much as I would like to, I am not able to write to each of you individually and rather to disappear without a trace into the vastness of this world, this website will have to suffice in coming as close as possible to me telling you these stories face to face. Please view this as an invitation for dialog and respond if there is an entry you particularly enjoyed or share with me things that are occupying your mind.

Frank

Contact me: 2franks.world@yahoo.com


Frank's World Traffic Counter